1. Issuing a secure National identity card to citizens.
2. Administering all related activities, including the maintenance of a national citizen registration database and delivery of identity verification services to qualified public and private organizations.
3. Establish ICT infrastructure at the Central, District, Upazila and field data collection team levels to facilitate the data collection, verification and ongoing data management processes.
4. Create public awareness of the requirements for voter registration and national identity card including attendance at the registration centers.
5. Issuance and management of National ID card.
6. Facilitate the advancement of e-governance in Bangladesh through development of skills and sharing/distribution of ICT equipment following the completion of data collection for electoral roll.